- Home /
- Blog / 10 facts about Migrants to the UK that the Daily Mail hopes you never discover
10 facts about Migrants to the UK that the Daily Mail hopes you never discover
- Just 2.7% of Unemployment Benefit Claimants [JSA] are EU Migrants
- 99% of National Insurance Numbers issued to foreigners are for workers not the jobless
- EU Migrants from Poland & A8 Countries contribute a net £16bn+ benefit per year to the UK economy [2009 data]
- Just 38,000 EU Migrants claim JSA at a cost of £140m to the taxpayer
- NHS ‘Tourism’ from overseas visitors using the NHS costs 0.1% of the NHS Budget
- EU Immigrants from Poland and other A8 countries pay 39% more in taxes than they get back in state expenditure on them
- A UK born person of working age is 150%+ more likely to be receiving benefits than a foreign born person resident in the UK
- 93% of foreign born persons of working age in the UK do not receive benefits
- EU Migrants from Poland and other A8 countries are 60% less likely to live in Social Housing than UK citizens.
- In 2011, 67% of Poles & other EU (A8) nationals who attempt to claim benefits in the UK were refused
The Green Benches: 10 facts about Migrants to the UK that the Daily Mail hopes you never discover
The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.
Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.